Inclusions are always subject to change.
- All meals
- 8 a la carte dining options
- 2 a la carte lunch options (Grill & Deli)
- 1 buffet restaurant for breakfast & lunch
- 11 bars
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- Unlimited premium and domestic alcoholic beverages
- 24 hour room service
- Mini bar in room stocked daily with water, juices, soft drinks, beer and snacks
- Coffee/tea maker in room, complete with coffee, tea, sugar and cream
- Pool and beach waiter service
- 7 swimming pools
- 4 outdoor Jacuzzis plus 5 pool-integrated whirlpools
- Sea kayaks
- Introductory scuba lesson
- Daily activities and nightly entertainment
- Tennis clinics
- Game room
- Fitness center
- Water aerobics
- Water polo
- Spanish lessons
- Dancing lessons
- Cooking lessons
- Theme nights
- Beach volleyball
- Beach football
- Table tennis
- Board games
- Air rifle shooting
- Electronic in-room safe (laptop size)
- All taxes and gratuities
All rooms at Excellence Playa Mujeres have 807 square feet except the Honeymoon Suites and Imperial Suites, which have 1280 square feet.
All accommodations at Excellence Playa Mujeres include:
- 42” Flat Screen TV
- WiFi for Free
- 24 hour Room service
- Mini-bar stocked daily
- Extra wide L-shaped sofa
- Balcony or patio
- Alarm clock
- Coffee/tea maker
- Safety deposit box
- Internet access
- CD/DVD player
- Iron & ironing board
- Smoke detector
- Maid Service
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Sprinkler system
- 4 poster King or 2 double beds
- Private round Jacuzzi with indoor and outdoor access
- Full marble bathroom
Junior Suite Spa or Pool View
- 1 king bed or 2 double beds
Junior Swim Up Suite Spa or Pool View
- Direct pool access
- 1 King Bed
Terrace Suite with Plunge Pool
- Over 1600 square feet
- Private terrace with plunge pool
- 1 King bed
Two-story Roof Top Terrace Suite Spa or Pool View
- Private HydroSpa pool on terrace above room
- 1 King Bed
Excellence Club Rooms at Excellence Playa Mujeres also come with:
- Oceanfront rooms and suites
- Private check-in & check-out, late check-out & early check-in subject to availability
- Concierge desk on every floor from 7:00am to 11:00pm
- Private lounge (7:00am-11:00pm) with free internet access, smart buffets & bar service
- Bvlgari Toiletries
- Upgraded minibar & room service menu -3 private pools (heated in winter) and 3 independent Jacuzzis (hot water) at the pool area/private beach area
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day
- Complimentary beach bag for use during your stay
- Shoe shine service
- Daily fruit basket in room
- Fresh flowers in room upon arrival
- In-room premium liquor menu
- Room Service Express (menu featuring a number of savory items that can be delivered almost immediately)
Excellence Club Junior Suite Oceanfront
Excellence Club Junior Suite Swim Out Pool View or Ocean View
- Direct pool access
- King bed
- Ocean View or Pool View
Excellence Club Two-story Roof Top Terrace Suite Oceanfront
- Private HydroSpa pool
- King bed
- Ocean View
Excellence Club Honeymoon Suite Ocean Front
- 1280 square feet
- Private and furnished terrace with a lounge bed for two
- Full front ocean views of the Caribbean Sea
- Four poster canopy king bed
Imperial Suite Ocean Front
- 1280 square feet
- Private and furnished terrace with a lounge bed for two
- Rooftop Terrace with a Hydrospa pool
- Full front ocean views to Caribbean Sea
- King bed
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m. Early check-in and late check-out can be requested, and is subject to availability. No children allowed. Minimum age for guests is 18.
FREE Excellence Resorts Honeymoon and Anniversary Package
- Welcome letter
- Basket of fresh fruits in room upon arrival
- A bottle of sparkling wine
- One special romantic dinner
- Rose Petals in the room upon arrival
- Special turn down service
- Champagne breakfast in bed (one per stay)
- 15% discount on all Spa treatments
- 15% discount on your Photo package
This Honeymoon Package or Anniversary Package is complimentary with any stay at Excellence Resorts. Guest must request it at time of booking and will be required to present a copy of the wedding certificate at time of check in. Honeymoon Couples must travel within 90 days of marriage. Anniversary couples can receive their complimentary anniversary package when their Excellence Resort stay is up to 7 days prior to their anniversary date or 7 days after.
Excellence Honeymoon Package or Anniversary Package
This package is FREE for Honeymoon and Anniversary couples booking a minimum of 7 nights in an Excellence Club Junior Suite category or higher.
- Champagne upon arrival
- Fruit basket in room
- Exotic fresh flowers in room
- A champagne breakfast in bed (one per stay)
- Look Inside Ritual 40 min. A journey into a peaceful dream, starting with a rosemary, eucalyptus and melissa blend of essential oils in a releasing scalp, neck and shoulders massage, followed by a lavender soothing balm to relax in gentle movements your facial muscles.
- Private beachfront dinner one evening, return from dinner to find a romantic rose petal bath ready for you with essential oils and candles
- Petit Fours each evening at turn down service
- One complimentary Lovers Live CD by Sade
- 15% discount on your photo package and 5 complimentary printed pictures (5x7) of your photo sessions.
Guests will be required to present a copy of the wedding certificate at time of check in. Honeymoon Couples must travel within 90 days of marriage. Anniversary couples can receive their complimentary anniversary package when their Excellence Resort stay is up to 7 days prior to their anniversary date or 7 days after. This package can not be combined with the Excellence All Inclusive Wedding Package. $600 USD per couple not meeting the required 7 day minimum in required category.
Just a few of the highlights at Excellence Playa Mujeres:
- 450 Suites, all with jacuzzi
- 6 Pools , 4 outdoor jacuzzis + 5 attached to the pools
- 24 Hour Room Service
- Adults Only, No Children
- Transfers from the Cancun airport are included (drive time is 25 minutes)
- Comprehensive 24 All Inclusive program
- Suites with jacuzzi inside and outside
- Free Weddings (restrictions apply)
- Free Honeymoon Packages
- 8 Restaurants & 10 bars (4 are swim up)
A few tips for staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres:
- You should try the tour to Isla Mujeres, which is very close by.
- Don’t forget to take proof of marriage.
- If you know Spanish, brush up before you go. If you don’t, it’s a good idea to learn some key phrases before you go. English is widely spoken until you ask a cab driver for change. Locals appreciate you trying Spanish. Dos Cervezas, (two beers), La Luna De Miel, (honeymoon) de nada (you’re welcome), gracias (thank you), hola (hello) por favor (please), perdon (excuse me)
- Make sure you take advantage of the 24 hour room service.
- Beware of the margaritas and tequila shooters. Jose Cuervo is the leading cause of Montezuma’s Revenge, not the water.
- Drink lots of water & stick to the bottled water.
- Take some money for the spa. It’s really nice.
- The rooftop suites are some of our most popular rooms in the entire Caribbean.
- Seek out the nightclub, which is cool but hard to find.
- The chipotle Lobster at the Lobster House...Two thumbs up!!
- We highly recommend you take a trip over to Isla Mujeres. The ferry is nearby.
- Pack some bug spray in your checked luggage. This comes in especially handy if you like to be outside around dawn and dusk.
Q. What's not included or what will I need money for at Excellence Playa Mujeres?
A. You might want to takes some money for:
Q. Are transfers included?
- Off property excursions/tours
- Scuba, Parasailing, Jet Skis
- Spa treatments
- Tips for airport porterage
- Gift shop items and souvenirs
- Beauty Salon
- Golf available nearby
A. We include complimentary transfers from and to the Cancun airport.
Q. Will there be an additional fees?
A. Honeymoons, Inc. does not add any shipping, handling, service, or junk fees.
Q. Why don't I see this resort in TripAdvisor if it is so nice?
A. We do say that this resort along with LeBlanc Spa Resort and Secrets the Vine are the most luxurious 3 resorts in Cancun by far. Because this resort is 15 minutes north of the strip, you'll find the listing under Playa Mujeres Mexico, not Cancun. TripAdvisor does not consider this resort in Cancun, we do.
|Call or email us for group specials for Excellence Playa Mujeres. Group rates and benefits start at 10 rooms.
Book 15 rooms for your Cancun Wedding and the 16th room is Free!
Excellence Resorts All Inclusive Wedding Package
This package is FREE when booking an Excellence Club Junior Suite Ocean View category or higher, for a minimum of 7 nights, or with a bridal party of minimum 5 rooms of any category for 7 nights.
- Services of the Judge (legal) or Minister (non-legal)
- Personal wedding coordinator
- Preferential location of the room in the category reserved
- Preparation and ironing of the wedding dress and grooms tuxedo/suit
- Complimentary (room for groom)the night before the wedding, if available
- Use of the wedding gazebo or beach location
- Bride’s bouquet
- Boutonniere for the groom
- Wedding cake
- One bottle of sparkling wine
- Special turn down service the night of the wedding
- 15% discount on all spa treatments (products not included)
- Honeymoon Package
- Late check out for bride and groom, based on availability
- Complimentary 5 printed photo memories of your ceremony ( 5 x 7)
Additional fees apply for non hotel guests. Guest list should be advised at the time of reservation. Package subject to confirmation of availability. This package cannot be combined with the Excellence Honeymoon complimentary package. $850 USD per couple not meeting the required 7 night minimum in required category.
You may also choose to upgrade the above package:
Excellence of Love $1500 & Gold Excellence $2400
For more details, check our Excellence Playa Mujeres Wedding page.
We had a fantastic time and can’t thank you enough for helping us out. The majority of our guest are talking about going back to Excellence, they all wished they stayed longer. The wedding couldn’t have been more perfect, we had great weather and of course the resort staff were fantastic. Everyone of guest had a blast and couldn’t believe how smoothly everything went and how great the service was at the reception. The wait staff was on top of their game, as soon as a drink was emptied another one appeared. Not to mention that the appetizers and food were great! I kept the menu and I am hoping to recreate some of the food. The gentleman that did my hair and makeup rocked, I showed him pictures of want I wanted and he did it. I attached pictures for you to see, I just have to share them. I almost forgot to mention to my bouquet, it is beautiful and I wish I could of taken it home. I honestly went in with the mindset that since I did everything via e-mail that it might not be perfect or exactly what I wanted but it was everything I wanted and more.
If you have any future clients that are thinking of having a wedding at Excellence Playa Mujeres, I would highly recommend it and you can always refer them to me too.
Have a great day!
The wedding was beautiful! Best vacation ever!! The resort, staff, service, food, entertainment, & weather were all class A. A fantastic time was had by all!! My only complaint is that our rooms were all so spread out from each other. I thought we would be pretty much in a block of rooms in the same building. Our room and some others were a very long walk to the center of things. We had two seniors that had the farthest away rooms and was very hard for them going back and forth. Other than that everything was wonderful! Would highly recommend it and can't wait to go back sometime in the future. Thanks Honeymoon, Inc. and Excellence Playa Mujeres!!!
Robert, Linda and Tyler
Steve, the wedding was beautiful and the vacation was everything I expected and more, just wish I were there a little longer. We received great service from the moment we arrived until our departure. Excellence Playa Mujeres was “Mui Excellente’”! and I look forward to revisiting in the future.
I’d also like to send a special “thank you” to Kimberly Felix, she was every helpful and accommodating throughout the entire booking process! Thanks so much!
Angela R. Jacobs
Yes we loved it! It was the trip of a lifetime. Everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much for making our trip so easy and within our budget. We couldn't be happier with the resort and our experience with Honeymoons Inc. We'll recommend you to all our friends getting married!
We'd like to thank you so much for everything. Our vacation was perfect. Megan did a great job setting up everything.....from flights to resort accommodations. Excellence Playa Mujeres is an exquisite, romantic resort where you are treated like royalty and we are already planning on returning next year.
Thank you again to Megan for a job well done.
We look forward to working with you next vacation season.
Mike and Tracy
We absolutely LOVED Excellence PM.... It was paradise. The service was exceptional, and the resort/beach was absolutely gorgeous. Their honeymoon package in Excellence club was really wonderful! The staff went above and beyond to make our stay unforgettable. Thank you, Megan for helping us choose this amazing honeymoon location! - Melissa Quaas
Thank you for the email. We are finally adjusting back to normal life here in DC. We absolutely loved the resort! It was by far the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. We would like to thank the entire Honeymoon Inc. team for also making the honeymoon planning and booking so stress free. Everyone that I have had communication with throughout the entire process weather it was through email or phone conversation was extremely friendly and professional. It was a nice surprise to see how smoothly your entire team made the booking process.
We will definitely be recommending your company to all our friends.
Kurt and Mary
Excellence Playa Mujeres Honeymoon
I wanted to thank you immensely for your advice on Excellence Playa Mujeres. You were not kidding--it's truly my favorite all inclusive resort I have been to so far. We absolutely loved it. From the grounds, the beach, the pool, the food, the staff, everything was amazing. I loved the room and pool view was great. I can't thank you enough. Looking forward to our next trip!
Ashley and Chick
Jill and I really love the Excellence resort chain, and especially this one at Playa Mujeres. I believe this was our 4th time at Excellence, as well as 3 at Secrets, 3 at Sandals and a few at Iberostar.
Overall Excellence seems to always be at the top of the list for our price range – which is about $4k per week with airfare. Playa Mujeres rooms were are awesome – large, nice porch, hot tub in every room. Nice bar and bathroom. Awesome showers! The grounds were absolutely beautiful, quiet, nicely divided so you didn’t see too many people at once, and the pools go on and on.
Nice beach and swim area. You can take a snorkel tour for just 2 hours right off the beach. Nice to not have to spoil a day to go snorkeling. The bars are plentiful, and the restaurants were really fantastic.
Special kudos to the French restaurant, the sushi chef at the lunch restaurant, and 2 of the staff - Erika and Felipe.
Definitely a recommend.