Best Sandals Resort in Jamaica
This question is always one of our most frequently asked questions. My first answer is always “the best Sandals Resort in Jamaica is the one that I am staying at:)” This isn’t a simple question. What is best for me, may not be the best for you. I love a smaller resort where everything is close and that includes free golf, so my favorite is Sandals Royal Plantation.
Let’s try to answer the question for YOU.
Are you looking for the most popular Sandals Resort in Jamaica?
Sandals South Coast is the most popular because:
- Really nice beach, 2 miles long and private
- Great variety of rooms and suites for every budget and taste
- 9 restaurants, 7 bars(2 swim up) and 4 pools
- Over the water bar and an over the water Wedding Chapel
- Swim up Rondoval Suites and Over Water Suites
- 50 Acres of grounds set inside 500 acres of nature preserve
- Spectacular Sunsets
Are you looking for the most luxurious Sandals Resort in Jamaica?
Sandals Royal Plantation takes this award with an intimate atmosphere and only 72 suites. Every suite comes with butler service. You also get 2 private cove beaches and you have full exchange privileges with Sandals Ochi Beach, which is only a few minutes away.
Are you looking for the largest Sandals Resort in Jamaica?
Sandals Resort by Size, # rooms and suites
- Sandals Royal Plantations 75
- Sandals Negril 226
- Sandals Royal Caribbean 232
- Sandals Montego Bay 272
- Sandals South Coast 392
- Sandals Ochi Beach 519
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica has the best beach?
All the Sandals Resorts have great beaches. These 3 resorts have the very best in my opinion. I am a beach lover.
Sandals Negril, located on 7 mile beach on the west coast
Sandals South Coast, located on a very secluded 2 mile beach
Sandals Montego Bay, located just minutes from the airport on Jamaica’s largest private white sand beach
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica is best for Scuba and Snorkeling
Sandals Negril and Sandals South Coast both located on the west coast, where the water is the calmest and the clearest for scuba and snorkeling enthusiasts. All the resorts take you to nice spots, but the visibility isn’t quite the same as these 2.
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica is best for Golf?
- Sandals Ochi Beach Club
- Sandals Royal Plantation
Both of these resorts are located in Ocho Rios, just about 15 minutes from the Sandals Golf & Country Club. Only these 2 resorts offer complimentary transfers to the golf course. All 6 resorts have complimentary greens fees.
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica is the Best for Exploring?
- Sandals Ochi Beach Club
- Sandals Royal Plantation
Every area of Jamaica is fascinating and beautiful, but Ocho Rios is the king of adventure. Here you are closest to the Blue Mountains, Bob Marley’s birthplace, Mystic Mountain, Dunn’ River Falls and much more.
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica Best for Short Stays and Wedding Groups?
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Sandals South Coast
Because the first 2 are so close to the airport, they are great for short 3 night stays. The drive from the airport is short, so you can maximize your resort/beach/pool time. I have to add Sandals South Coast here because the layout of the restaurants and bars and the piazza is perfect for group gatherings. Sandals Montego Bay and Sandals Southcoast have over water wedding chapels.
Are you looking for the Sandals Resort in Jamaica that has the best prices?
The answer here varies, but we can take a snapshot, on the 23rd of July, we priced 5 nights at all the resorts in Jamaica with a stay August 15th to the 20th, 2022.
This is what we found:
- Sandals Ochi Beach, $1126 pp to $3858 pp
- Sandals South Coast, $1276 pp to $6854 pp
- Sandals Negril, $1322 pp to $2874 pp
- Sandals Royal Caribbean, $1355 pp to $2698 pp
- Sandals Royal Plantation, $1548pp to $3946 pp
- Sandals Montego Bay, $1570 pp to $4102 pp
This is very typical with ranking of prices with Sandals Ochi Beach being the least expensive and maybe slightly off, because Sandals Royal Plantation is usually the highest, not Sandals Montego Bay.
Are you looking for the most amazing Sandals Honeymoon Suite in Jamaica?
Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals South Coast have a tie here with the over the water bungalow suites. They are in such high demand, please please book early so we can find one for you.
Every Resort has incredible suites to offer. Let’s give you some samples.
Sandals South Coast
- South Seas Swim-Up Rondoval Butler Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary – RSUP
- Dutch Beachfront One Bedroom Swim Up Butler Suite with Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub – 1SUP
- Dutch Beachfront Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite with Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub – DP1
- Dutch Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Suite with Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub – DB1
- Italian Beachfront One Bedroom Walkout Butler Suite – IW1
- Millionaire Honeymoon One Bedroom Butler Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary – RJ
- Swim up Crystal Lagoon Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Suite – 1R
- Honeymoon Beachfront Two Story One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite w/Tranquility Soaking Tub – 1B
Sandals Ochi Beach
- Butler Village Honeymoon Romeo & Juliet One Bedroom Villa Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary – RJ
- Riviera Honeymoon Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Suite – P1
Sandals Royal Plantation – All 11 room categories are Butler Suites at this resort
- Villa Plantana – VR
- Governor General Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite – GR
- Imperial Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite – MR
Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Beachfront Honeymoon One-Bedroom Walkout Butler Suite w/ Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub – WB1B
- Royal Beachfront Butler Corner Suite w/ Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub – BBC
Sandals Montego Bay
- Beachfront Swim-up Millionaire One Bedroom Butler Suite w/ Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub – SM1B
- Beachfront Swim-up Honeymoon One-Bedroom Butler Suite w/ Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub – SB1B
This is just a small sampling of the amazing suites Sandals Resorts offer. We normally try to find which resort fits you first and then look at the rooms.
Which Sandals Resort in Jamaica is Best for All-Inclusive Honeymoons?
And last but not least, best for honeymoons has to go to all 6, because all 6 Sandals Resorts were tailor made for romantic stress-free vacations.
One feature we love about Sandals Resorts is the fact that you can stay at one and play at 6. With this exotic island you have access to 26 pools, 57 restaurants and 36 bars. Keep in mind transfers are only included between the resorts in the same area.
Sandals Royal Plantation does not allow other Sandals guests, because the resort is small and intimate. Sandals Royal Plantation can go to Sandals Ochi Beach, which is a short walk away. The stay at one play at all is especially nice in Montego Bay, where you have 2 resorts close to each other and free shuttles. This means access to 21 restaurants and 11 bars.
We hope this helps you on choosing the best Sandals Resort in Jamaica for YOU. We are always here to help if you need us.